Okay, so I found this chair on a tree lawn… It was such a neat design and just needed to be reupholstered so I thought what the heck, I will just see what I can do with it. The velvet material I chose to use is normally very expensive but I just bought two velvet curtains on clearance at Target for $35 total. This was all the material I needed. I have never done such a daring upholstery project before so I figured if it didn’t work at least I didn’t put much money into it. Luckily, it worked out and I now have a new chair for my living room!
I just unstitched the fabric pieces on the chair and used these pieces as patterns for my new material. I sewed them together with my sewing machine and stapled them on the chair. I added a trim on the back, also covering staples. It worked out great and I am happy to be finished!
I think the hardest part of the project was thinking that I may have gotten a little larger project than I knew how to do. It wasn’t too bad after all and I am glad it is done. My 2 year old daughter enjoyed helping as well!